Sunday, August 14, 2005


Delayed Departure

We're not leaving today. We wanted to be taking off right about now. But too many things remain undone, so we are postponing until tomorrow morning.

I had a moment of fear that it would all be ruined if we didn't follow the plan. Voices in my head murmurred about being uncommitted, that I would miss the magic moment and let myself and America down. Clearly I need to calm down and remember that the only place where everyone is committed is an insane asylum.

The dog needs her shots for Lyme Disease and Heartworms. The van has to be checked and the mechanic was not there on Saturday. A tent. Packing. Thirty-six hours to prepare was perhaps a bit unrealistic.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?